Thursday, October 26, 2006

Maya FTV Ident Animation

All of last week, we had intensive training on Maya. It was quality training. We covered a vast range of topics including modelling, animation, dynamics such as putting a wind effect on an animation, and rendering.

We were given a brief to produce a TV animated ident for a fictional music channel. I thought of FTV as the name for my TV station (F for future or Funk music). I created a dancefloor scene with animated spheres which have hair and eyes to become characters. I included a few coloured spotlights to give a dancefloor impression. I also animated the logo to come down in a box that unfolds, and the tag line - the future of music here and now also snaps into view.

It was a challenging week, as we had to learn alot in a few days, but I am pleased with the outcome.

Here is my animation -